Why does “Error 131” Occur in MetaTrader 4? While auto trading in MT4 with the help of Expert Advisor (EA Bot), sometimes you receive errors like “Buy Order failed with error #131”, or “Sell Order failed with error #131”. This error message usually occurs when traders attempt to place an order manually or with Expert Advisor (EA Bot) with an incorrect lot size. In this blog, we will discuss what “Error Invalid Lots” means and provide solutions to help traders overcome this issue.
The Ordersend “error 131” occur in MetaTrader 4 that the lot size specified by the trader either manually or by Expert Advisor (EA Bot) is not valid. The lot size is an important aspect of forex trading as it determines the size of the trade and the potential profit or loss. The MT4 platform has specific rules and regulations regarding lot sizes, and if the trader attempts to place an order with an incorrect lot size, the Metatrader platform will return the “Order failed with error #131” error.
Reasons for “Error 131 in mql4”
There are several reasons for invalid lots amounts for the order send function in forex trading on MetaTrader. Some of the most common causes for invalid lot size include:
- Lot size not rounded off to the correct decimal points (if the lot size is in decimals e.g. 0. XX).
- Incorrect account type: Different trading accounts have different minimum and maximum lot size limits. If the trader attempts to place an order with a lot size that exceeds the limit of their trading account, the “Error Invalid Lots” error will occur.
- Improper calculation of lot size: The lot size must be calculated accurately to avoid the Invalid Trade Volume error. Traders must consider their account balance, risk tolerance, and market conditions when calculating the lot size.
Solutions to “Error 131 in mql4”
Here are some solutions that traders can use to resolve the “Ordersend Error 131” in forex trading while doing Auto Trading on MT4 via Expert Advisor (EA Bot):
- Check that the lot size is rounded off to the correct decimal digits allowed by your broker for that pair. Generally, the lot size rounded off to 2 decimal places is a valid one e.g. 0.01 or 0.05.
- Recalculate lot size: Traders must accurately calculate the lot size based on their account balance, risk tolerance, and market conditions.
- Check account type: Ensure that the trader’s trading account has the correct minimum and maximum lot size limits. If necessary, traders can upgrade or downgrade their accounts to a suitable type.
- Contact the broker: If the “Ordersend error 131” error message persists, traders should contact their broker for assistance. The broker may be able to help resolve the issue or provide additional information on the server’s restrictions.
We hope that this blog has been helpful in resolving the “Error Invalid Lots” error for our traders. The Expert Advisors created by 4xPiP efficiently handle this “Error Invalid Lots 131 in MT4”, by implementing smart exception handling and calculating the valid Lot Sizes for the trade even if the trader has entered the invalid lots.
If you are worried on how to resolve error 131 in MQL4, contact our support team below
🔎For more information https://4xpip.com/book-appointment
🔎For programming of your bot https://4xpip.com/custom-bots